Planning Manager - Communications
This newly created role in the Communications Directorate plays a pivotal part in delivering success across the team and the rest of the business. The post holder will work closely with the directorates within LNER to support the delivery of a coordinated and integrated approach to the communications plans and content, to support the business vision, values and narrative.
The role will work with the communications team and colleagues across the business to ensure a planned and well-coordinated approach to delivery of communications activity, including identification of new opportunities for improved ways of working. The role will lead on planning, benchmarking and reporting on activity in the Communications Directorate.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate an integrated approach to delivery of communications plans and content to support the business vision, values and narrative
- Work closely with the Communications team and the rest of the business to plan, coordinate and report on communications activity
- Identify potential conflicts in activity, and propose solutions for alternative scheduling
- Collaborate with agencies to ensure their campaigns are integrated into LNER's overall communications planning
- Create framework for sharing information on communications activity with the rest of the business
- Prepare supporting documentation for proposals including key data related to communication plans including detailed planning documents to set schedules, goals, priorities and monitor and track progress
- Manage industry awards calendar across the business, with responsibility for managing submissions on behalf of the Communications team
There are a few 'must haves'....
- A high level of business acumen to enable the role holder to quickly get to grips with the business and the challenges facing each Directorate.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills that are adaptable to suit different audiences.
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into practical and achievable plans.
- Excellent prioritisation and personal time management skills and a demonstrable track record in handling multiple priorities to tight deadlines. Able to anticipate and resolve potential challenges and conflicts.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly establish personal credibility, and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills including being able to influence, negotiate, deal with conflict.
- Proven success in working with and building productive professional relationships and partnerships with a wide range of individuals and organisations including those with differing perspectives and in challenging circumstances.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to identify, analyse and manage risks.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills, confidence to find creative and innovative solutions.
If you feel up for the challenge & feel you can help us achieve best in industry, it's time to update your CV & click apply.
We look forward to reading over your application.