Contact Centre Team Leader - Secondment
What do we have on offer?
At London North Eastern Railway we put the customer at the heart of everyones journey and that includes our colleagues, you will work closely with the Customer Solutions Operations Manager and be responsible for leading and managing a team of Contact Centre Agents.
You will do this by providing an amazing and seamless experience to customers who contact London North Eastern Railway Contact Centre.
What will you do?
- You will support the Ideal Customer Journey at LNER by providing a passionate service during every interaction/contact with the customer throughout their journey.
- Lead and motivate a team of Contact Centre agents to ensure all customer contact and business objectives are achieved.
- Oversee the work load of the team, allocating resource to optimize service provision and administrative support across the hours of operation of the Contact Centre.
- Coach each team member and provide structured feedback in order to drive a continuous improvement culture.
- Monitor and assess competence of each team member in accordance with set processes and PCI DSS requirements of LNER
- Conduct regular 1:1s with each team member and formal performance reviews to set and review development objectives and formulate individual development plans.
- Proactively identify and action opportunities to optimize sales performance.
- Manage staff attendance in line with Company policy and support with the recruitment and induction of new crew members.
- Conduct investigation into potential disciplinary situations, and conducting of disciplinary hearings where appropriate in conjunction with the People team and provide recommendations to the Customer Solutions Manager.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of company policy and process and apply this appropriately to ensure a compliant and consistent service.
- Support colleagues to manage the key risks within the department
- Liaise with other key internal business functions and stakeholders where complex issues require; seek and offer assistance to bring about a positive customer resolution.
- Maintain and update systems and records with accuracy and attention to detail. Provide clerical and administrative duties as required.
- Create a positive team working environment, building and nurturing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the contact centre and in other key departments.
- Manage a range of situations and customer escalations, acting accordingly in a heartfelt manner to diffuse potential conflict.
- Strive for high and continuously improving performance, and can be relied upon to successfully deliver required results and exceed customer expectations
- Continually explore innovative ways of working to support successful resolution
- Constantly and actively seeks to learn and self develop
- Take proactive action to focus and understand customer needs and requirements and always look to exceeding expectations
- Actively seek to build relationships with key Stakeholders across the business
What do we need you to be?
- Previously experienced with a proven record of working successfully in a customer experience role
- Experienced in working at leadership level in a contact centre environment, or able to demonstrate that comparable duties have been undertaken in a development opportunity (i.e. Deputy Team Leader)
- Able to engage, lead and inspire others
- Experienced in all aspects of people management including coaching, performance management and wellbeing.
- Knowledgeable in working with Customer Experience Measures (Net Promoter Score, Customer Satisfaction and Customer Effort)
- Able to make informed decisions
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills, ability to create written reports and interpret numerical data.
- Computer savvy with experience of using Microsoft Office software in a work environment.
- Tenacious to find the right solution and a desire to do the right thing ,not just the easiest
- Able to maintain personal and team performance under pressure
- Passionate about Customer Experience, irrespective of the environment and able to work as part of a wider team
- Excellent problem solver, curious by nature with a can-do attitude.
- Creative thinking with the ability to imagine different and work around challenges to find solutions and new ways of working that continually deliver an amazing Customer Experience.
- Demonstrating an understanding of complex processes, specialized skills and technical knowledge by fully utilizing software systems (CRM Customer Relationship management).
- Thriving with accountability and responsibility; self reliant.
- Previous experience of working in a rail or other travel related role
Final salary pension scheme. Free Travel on London North Eastern Railway services - for you and your dependents.75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services. 50% discount on tickets purchased for friends and family.Salary sacrifice child care vouchers. *T&C apply.