Property Projects Manager – Full Time – Fixed Term (Until September 2020)
What do we have on offer?
Experienced in project management and looking for a new challenge?
We are in the early stages of formulating plans to refurbish our customer toilets at all LNER managed stations and as a result are looking for an experienced Project Manager to take the lead on this particular project plus other property led projects. Accountable for the all stages of the project management life cycle, you’ll lead a project team and work cross functionally in the business to ensure deliverables are in line with Property strategy and standards as well as those of other departments.
What will you do?
Within this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining plans to ensure the controlled delivery of Property Projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and on budget.
- Managing programme risks and issues and identifying mitigating actions to reduce/eliminate these or escalating matters which can’t be resolved or pose a serious impact to the programme.
- Managing work stream leaders to ensure that work stream activities are carried and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Managing and monitoring interdependencies between projects and the operational business.
- Developing and implementing appropriate strategies that support the goals of LNER.
- Displaying a leadership style and set of behaviours that motivate you team to achieve targets and contribute to the development of a positive leadership culture within the business.
- Develop and use the KPI process to measure the team’s progress and success and take appropriate action to rectify emerging issues.
- Effectively manage the performance of your team.
- Proactively develop the skills of the company business managers through coaching and mentoring.
- Using company frameworks to ensure effective two-way communication with your team. This includes actively listening and acting upon appropriate ideas for improvement generated by the team and others.
What we need from you...
- Proven experience in implementing and delivering projects along with a recognised project management qualification.
- You will have excellent communication skills and be a proven influencer who is able to negotiate effectively and manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills with a keen eye for detail and the ability to multitask.
- Experience of leading and developing project teams and cross functional working.
- Enthusiasm in your approach to a customer focused organisation.
- A willingness to travel; although this role is based at our HQ in York it will involve frequent travel across our LNER route to oversee the successful delivery of projects within stations.
- Flexibility; while this role is generally Monday-Friday office hours some overnight and weekend working will be necessary in line with the requirements of the project.