Consumer PR Manager
LNER has created a new role for a dynamic, results-driven Consumer PR Manager who thrives on the challenge to develop and implement creative ideas in consumer media. The role is responsible for generating effective and positive outcomes in national media and through social/digital engagement, and to build LNER’s reputation using best practice in influencing, product placement and case studies.
The role holder will have plenty of access to work collaboratively across the business with teams in Marketing, Customer Experience, People, Revenue, Digital and regional teams. The role is part of a professional and supportive 24/7 media office team.
What you’ll do:
- Promote LNER to key existing and potential audiences – influencing public opinion, growing brand awareness through a range of PR tools including news features, media releases, product placement, case studies and social media
- Support the delivery of the LNER business plan, developing PR strategies and impactful/engaging consumer campaigns both standalone and to complement brand campaigns
- Maximum PR impact across all media channels
- Proactively bring ideas to the table to maximise PR benefit of LNER initiatives in the consumer marketplace – ensuring alignment with the stakeholder communications team
- Collaboratively work across other directorates as well as external partners
- Support the Head of Media in annual communications planning
- Project manage as required PR events
Of course, as with any specialist communications role there are a few 'must haves'...
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills that are adaptable to suit different audiences
- Excellent prioritisation and personal time management skills and a demonstrable track record in handling multiple priorities to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly establish personal credibility, and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with high-level stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills including being able to influence, negotiate, deal with conflict
- Proven success in working with and building productive professional relationships and partnerships with a wide range of individuals and organisations including those with differing perspectives and in challenging circumstances
- Excellent judgment and the ability to identify, analyse and manage risks.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills, and the ability to find creative and innovative solutions.
- Excellent team working skills, working collaboratively with other staff and stakeholders within and outside LNER.
If you feel you're ready to jump on board (pun intended!) it's time to update that CV & click apply.
We look forward to reading over your application.