Database Systems Manager
As part of our evolution, we are on the hunt for a Database Systems Manager to lead the management and evolution of our class-leading customer database systems platform. In this role, you’ll be the Product Owner for our customer database and the infrastructure that surrounds it.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the systems are reliably maintained, managed and upgraded in a sustainable and compliant way and meeting the requirements of your key stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll become the expert in LNER database systems; able to advise and steer ongoing digital database integration and development to unlock our capabilities to continually enhance the customer experience and generate incremental revenue
- Be responsible for the database infrastructure being GDPR compliant and for all processes and development to be done in a compliant way, to protect the business from risk of financial and reputation penalties
- Ensure the systems are maintained and managed, enabling us to deliver personalised communications and enabling our loyalty partnerships
- Responsible for the evolution of the systems so they can continue to enable real-time customer communications
- Manage and oversee delivery of our database systems roadmap including managing agency resource
- Responsible for overseeing the resolution of all customer data issues and escalations across customer campaigns, loyalty and analytics to ensure these areas of the business can continue to deliver
- Responsible for managing our retained agency Support Team and the quality of work delivered
This role will work closely with the other Digital Product Owners and the Data Science and Marketing functions, so the successful candidate will need to be a strong team player with excellent stakeholder management skills.
You’ll also need:
- Experience working in customer database management
- Experience working with external partners and agencies is essential
- Ability to use marketing campaign tools like IBM Campaign is extremely advantageous
- Proven experience in customer data and technical infrastructure management
- Experience managing technical development projects
- Competent in aligning to GDPR requirements and educating others to do the same
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Commercial mind set, highly numerate with strong and proven analytical skills
- A problem-solving aptitude
- High motivation to make things happen, deliver effectively and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, a strong team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Demonstration of organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Does this sound like the role for you? Get your CV dusted off and click apply!