Leadership & Management Coach
Full Time, Permanent
This key leadership role within the LNER Customer Experience team will be focused on building and embedding a culture that is positive, engaging and inspirational for those working within our commercially driven and customer focused Customer Experience Team... unlocking their potential!
Now we are LNER (London North Eastern Railway) we have some new & exciting projects to deliver and one of the main focuses is customer experience – the heartbeat of our business. This brand new role will be responsible for the coaching and development of our frontline management teams; working on an individual basis, helping the team to develop and embed key management skills. Focussing on the continuous development of individuals, the aim will be to create a positive performance culture and ensuring we have the right people in the right roles.
The primary focus will be to create a coaching ethos across the Customer Experience teams by designing and implementing a development programme that each Head of Region can utilise for succession planning and future training requirements. Through coaching the frontline managers, we are looking to energise them to consistently deliver high standard 1 -1 sessions, enabling Peer to Peer coaching across the Customer Experience directorate to become the norm.
What you will do:
- Design and implement a coaching program for all Customer Experience managers to promote energy and change, driving improvements to standards at all levels.
- Through strong coaching conversations, enable positive actions to take place which drives enthusiasm and achieves proactive activity which enables individuals to strive for the best results and support delivery of the KPI’s.
- Plan and deliver scheduled coaching sessions to suit local requirements and engagement levels.
- Change the culture of our working environment by focusing on providing good quality feedback and opportunities to learn and develop.
- Design and implement a management succession plan for your region which provides robust evidence and proposals that are fact based to generate personal development activities.
- Supporting your Head of Region in talent spotting and detail all training requirements along with any necessary business cases required.
- Work closely with the Regional Commercial Managers to develop a coaching framework which will enhance the drive to increase revenue and reduce costs through efficiencies
- Work in partnership with your fellow Business Coaches to generate innovative ways of working and share best practice across the business. Commit to delivering consistency within the Customer Experience function and drive an energetic approach to all actitivities.
- Provide detailed reports each period to reflect the coaching program status highlighting specific areas for development. Work collaboratively with Regional Managers to drive change and build high performing teams.
- Introduce a peer coaching model utilising our frontline teams to build collaborative partnerships and to improve learning. Giving them the confidence to challenge each other and make differences that will impact positively on our customer promises.
- Manage the regional Peer Coaching program and provide period reports to reflect on progress working alongside your fellow Business Coaches for consistency.
- Look outside the industry for innovative ways to improve the coaching program and enhance delivery. Present at business conferences on coaching activities, be the key note speaker to advocate positive messages and self motivation.
What do we need you to be?
- An already successful Leadership and Management or Business coach
- Hold a high level of emotional intelligence
- Have a good understanding and awareness of high performance programmes
- An inspirational leader with strong motivational and influencing skills at peer and senior levels
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Have a strong business commercial acumen and a high level of understanding of revenue and financial impact of customer experience
- Have experiences of stakeholder management
- Be able to Lead a programme of continuous improvement, driving a culture of techniques to generate learning within teams
- Possess leadership behaviours in line with the LNER