You may not have heard about us? We’re the new brand on the block and we’re on a mission to shake up the future of customer experience within the rail industry. With sleeker, faster trains arriving imminently, we’re revolutionising everything about our offering and need a Data Expert to join us to help make our plans a reality.
If you’re a champion of science based decision making and are a future focused thought leader, then you could be the one for us!
We’re looking for someone to set up our Data Science team and champion this across the business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the vision to treat data as an asset and as an opportunity to enhance our commercial focus. We have a wealth of information at our fingertips, but need someone to transform how we use this data and really drive the business forward. This is a brand new role in the business, so it’s a challenge that an experienced Data Scientist can really get their teeth stuck in to.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our business-wide data vision of treating data as a business asset, from a concept to added-value reality
- Drive forward our Digital Decisioning ambition to make decisions in real-time to enhance the experience for our customers and our staff, making our business more effective and efficient
- Explore AI and Machine learning and make sure that opportunities and trends are leveraged and optimised to deliver customer satisfaction and incremental revenue
- Strengthen our data science and analytics capability through the effective adoption of big data and machine learning methodology to deliver high quality customer insights and applications to the business
- Lead all data mining and customer analysis activities including profiling, segmentation, statistical modelling etc., to unveil customer potential and enhance customer value
- Ensure data analysis is identifying key trends and opportunities, driving action from them.
- Lead the cascade of this information to stakeholders across the business to promote insight-driven decision making.
- Look for opportunities to use insights, datasets, code and models across other functions in the organisation and external to our business, outlining the return on investment for acquiring this additional data
- Horizon scan to stay up to date with latest technology, techniques and methods, and turn these into viable business cases
- Coach, mentor and manage the Analysts to maximise their potential
- We need someone who will not only obsess about solving problems but also in finding new problems for us to solve. You’ll need the proven ability to drive business results with data based insights. We need to hit the ground running, so you’ll need to have extensive experience as a Data Scientist and the ability to lead and inspire a team.
You’ll also be:
- Ideally qualified to degree level in Data Science or other qualitative field
- Have experience setting up a Data Science team and leading an organisation through this change
- Have experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods
- Extensive knowledge of R, SQL and Python
- Be adept at creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Have an eye for detail, able to use large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimisation
- Be commercially minded, highly numerate and analytical
- Have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to communicate high level data to various stakeholders and drive change
Does this sound like the role for you? Get your CV dusted off and click apply!
Working hours are 37 per week and the role can be based out of our York or London offices. Salary is negotiable depending on experience
Final salary pension scheme. Free Travel on London North Eastern Railway services - for you and your dependents.75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services. 50% discount on tickets purchased for friends and family.Salary sacrifice child care vouchers. *T&C apply.