You may not have heard about us? We’re the new brand on the block and we’re on a mission to shake up the future of customer experience within the rail industry. With sleeker, faster trains arriving imminently, we’re revolutionising everything about our offering and need a Data Expert to join us to help make our plans a reality.
We have a vision to treat data across the business as an asset and an opportunity to achieve competitive advantage. To do this, we need someone data focused who can interrogate our databases to gain insight about our valued customers. You’ll be someone who is as comfortable with your head in the details as you are communicating your findings to different stakeholders.
This role will really drive the understanding of our customer behavioural data and trends, alongside the performance of our personalised communication programmes. You’ll therefore need to be customer focused with an inquisitive mind to not only track trends but to effectively anticipate them too.
- Support the Data Scientist in our strategy to treat data as a business asset and drive decision making across the business. This involves driving forward our Digital Decisioning ambition to make decisions in real-time to enhance the experience for our customers and our staff, making our business more effective and efficient
- Support the Data Scientist in exploring AI and Machine learning to ensure that opportunities and trends are leveraged and optimised, to deliver customer satisfaction and incremental revenue
- Drive forward our analysis and reporting roadmap. Utilising analytical expertise and experience, advise the approach, areas to focus on and where the opportunity lies
- Interrogate existing reports and build new reports enabling us to understand our customers and how our communications are performing. This will require continual problem solving and decision making, at a holistic and detailed level
- Ensure Digital Decisioning projects, programmes and communications are approached with an insight-first mentality
- Produce bespoke reports and presentations
- Present actionable insights to internal and external stakeholders, and helping track the improvements these actions deliver.
- Collaborate with the wider Digital and Commercial team on our conversion and attribution strategy, with the aim to optimise media spend to generate loyal customers and ensure conversion and retention
- Working closely with our Revenue Management Analytics team ensuring they maintain a holistic view of analytics in the business, supporting our one source of the truth aim
We’re on a data science journey here at LNER, so our Data Analyst needs to be technically minded, able to maximise predictive analytics, machine learning and AI to really take our plans to the next level.
You’ll also be:
- Highly commercially focused with a strong track record of analysis
- Highly numerate with strong and proven analytical skills
- Have sound understanding of marketing principles
- Able to turn data into engaging and actionable insights, in a way that can be understood by all
- Experience working with Marketing teams and agencies is advantageous
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, a strong team player
- Demonstration of organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- High motivation to make things happen, deliver effectively and efficiently
Does this sound like the role for you? Get your CV dusted off and click apply!
Working hours are 37 per week and the role can be based out of York or London offices. Salary is depending on experience